A Career Opportunity to advance our work transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
In keeping with our mission to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish, at AIMS we are equally dedicated to fostering an environment in which we enable and challenge our internal talent to flourish to their fullest capacity as we strive to generate The Next Einstein! We need your passion, knowledge and expertise to be our next…
Centre President – AIMS Centre of Excellence
The AIMS Centre for Excellence – an international setting that conducts teaching, research and outreach of mathematical sciences — needs a dynamic leader to inspire, motivate and empower staff, students and guest lecturers alike to embrace and achieve the vision and mandate of the Next Einstein Initiative. Jointly reporting to the President & CEO, AIMS-NEI Secretariat, and to the Centre Board you will ensure the overall smooth and efficient delivery of all strategic and operational aspects of the Centre. As the Centre’s senior leader, you will apply your practiced and respected expertise to oversee, direct and manage a diverse team of academic and non-academic professionals to create and sustain a world-class learning environment inclusive of a full functioning academic program, designated research, the student selection process, quality teaching, curriculum structure, course and lecturer selection. Your commitment to the Centre’s research initiatives will be demonstrated as you instill and foster an environment that is in pursuit of the highest levels of academic research excellence, contributing to the ongoing development and growth of the mathematical sciences community. You are known for your ability to establish, nurture and maintain effective relationships with higher learning institutions in the country of station, across Africa and internationally and you are at ease identifying, sourcing and engaging with key funding partners/sources (governments and institutions) to facilitate the sustainability of the Centre. You will be an exemplary model to foster a culture that strives to achieve and set exceptional standards among a community of students, tutors, staff and visiting lecturers, all working towards a common goal. This is a 2-year, full-time contract opportunity and will be based in Mbour, Senegal.
Do you have what we need?
• Doctorate Degree within the mathematical sciences; Additional Degree Achievements in Business, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or Educational Leadership, an asset
• Full or Associate Professor, with an international research reputation and relationships
• Extensive experience (min 10 years) managing advanced teaching programs and research initiatives
• A proven track record of developing and professionalizing innovative start-up organizations
• Experience and understanding of the requirements for using and working with international donor funding e.g. DFID, IDRC, USAID etc.
• Experience working in international environments, managing financial and other resources
• A consummate diplomate with the drive to innovate and lead change with a collaborative spirit
• Superb relationship management skills to lead, manage and interact with a diverse team of professionals
• An influential communicator with strong verbal, writing and presentation skills
• Fluency in English is essential; French is a desirable asset
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and cloud-based applications
• Willing and able to travel (25-30%) within and outside of Africa
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Centre President Senegal_Internal” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the right candidate is found. Once your application is reviewed, you will be notified via e-mail of next steps in the process. From time to time, and as circumstances change within the organization, AIMS may elect to accelerate, extend or discontinue the selection process. As such, AIMS reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion. AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.