Based from the AIMS-NEI Secretariat, and reporting to the Audit & Finance Committee of the International Governing Board, the Internal Auditor will add value and improve our operation by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of finance management, control, and governance processes.As a dynamic and multi-talented auditing professional, you will perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operationaleffectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable policies, practicesand legal regulations. You will also determine internal audit scope and develop annual plansto meet network wide requirements. You have demonstrated ability to obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation,historicalreports, data, flowcharts,and the like, to inform the documentation of processes, along with the preparationand presentation ofreports.You are at ease toact as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and achievementof goals and objectives.As an experienced leader, you will identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings, maintain open communication with the managementteamand Audit & Finance Committeeto conduct follow up audits to monitor management interventions. You are known for your ability tofosterengagementfor continuous learningofsector rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards, all toensurecompliancewith internal regulations and established control protocols. From time to time, you will be called on toconduct ad hoc investigations into identifiedor reported risks, oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processesand ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committeesfor relevant action.You are no stranger to the realities of a decentralized service delivery model and have the ability to establish and implement a variety of operational and administrative protocols, practices and systems to support and manage all aspects associated with a seamless audit function.This is afull-time, open opportunity based at the Secretariat in Kigali, Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
- Degree in Internal Auditing, Financial Accounting or Financial Management
- Minimum 10 years, proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in English is essential
- Articulate communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible to adapt to an evolving environment
Advanced computer proficiency using MS Office, accounting software and databases; knowledge and experience with AccPac, highly desirable