Validation of Numerical Weather Prediction Models used at KMD.
Kenya Meteorological Department, P.0 Box 30259-00100, Dagoretti Corner, Ngong Road GPO, Nairobi – Kenya
(1) Dr. Richard Muita – Kenya Meteorological Department, email@example.com
(2) Stella Aura, MBS – Kenya Meteorological Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(3) Shadrack Kibet – Kenya Meteorological Society (email@example.com)
3. Project Description:
The intern will join the Numerical Weather Prediction team at Kenya Meteorological Department. The intern will mainly work to deliver on the project objectives given below. This will involve:
(1) Review of existing numerical weather prediction methods and parameterization schemes;
(2) Develop and test new parameterization schemes to improve numerical weather prediction and procedures;
(3) Strengthen and optimize data assimilation procedures and numerical weather prediction models with the aim of improving forecasting systems and capacity at KMD.
4. Expected outcome:
This internship project is expected to lead to the following outcomes:
(1) Improved and operational data assimilation procedures and numerical weather prediction models as well forecasting systems;
(2) Enhanced parameterization schemes for weather across different agro-climatic zones in Kenya; and
(3) Improved quality for weather and climate products
Applications for this internship should be submitted via the online application system, stating clearly the title of the internship.
Deadline for applications: February 28th, 2021 at 11:59 PM Central Africa Time (CAT)
Any inquiries about these internships should be sent to: