Set up physical chemical baseline of upcoming gas extraction plants GEF (SPLK, GAS METH)
Rwanda Energy Group Limited (REG) | Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)/Lake Kivu Monitoring Programme (LKMP), 10th Floor KCT, KN 2 ST, Nyarugenge District, P.O. Box 3855 Kigali, Rwanda. Tel. +(250)787172265 | email@example.com | www.reg.rw;http://www.lakekivu.org/
Mrs. Janviere Tuyisenge | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Project Description:
Lake Kivu Monitoring Programme monitors potential impacts of methane extraction on Lake Kivu and its environment. Therefore, LKMP makes baselines for a better lake monitoring. Baselines include but not limited to collect and analyse water samples and data, near site of settlement of future gas extraction facilities. Collected data will be used to check potential effects of re-injected waters of gas extraction plants on stratification, ecology, and resources of Lake Kivu.
Therefore, LKMP is intending host a qualified intern who will work in the development of the baseline of future gas extraction plants. This project has the following main objectives:
- Collect physical and chemical data near future methane gas plants
- Collect water samples and other data on the lake
- Carry out required physico-chemical analysis
- Participate in the analysis and interpretation of the results of analysis
- Harmonize and store produced data in the database of LKMP
- Participate in all activities contributing to the mission of the programme.
4. Expected Outcomes:
At the end of the project, the following outcomes should be available:
- Processed data including ODV and excels
- Reports of individual campaigns
- Database of the baseline of the future gas extraction plants
- Final report of the assignment
Applications for this internship should be submitted via the online application system, stating clearly the title of the internship.
Deadline for applications: February 28th, 2021 at 11:59 PM Central Africa Time (CAT)