Operationalization Greenhouse Gases (GHG) Inventory Management system
Host Institution: Rwanda Environment Management Authority.
(1) Alphonse MUTABAZI (Lead supervisor),
Climate Change Program Manager,
Rwanda Environment Management Authority,
P.O. Box 7436, Kigali, Rwanda,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com,
Cell: Phone/WhatsApp: +250 (0)785745057,
(2) Dr. Jimmy GASORE,
University of Rwanda,
Lecturer, Atmospheric Sciences,
Cell: Phone/Whatsapp: +250 (0) 788694355,
The intern will work on GHG inventory management system. Upon getting a short induction course to facilitate his contribution to the system, he (she) will develop templates for Sectoral data collection and evaluate the results from GHG inventory management system compared to those obtained from 2006 IPCC software. His report or research paper will be about GHG inventory in Rwanda using both GHG inventory management system and 2006 IPCC software.
- Finished data Entry into Green House Gases inventory management system from Energy, Industrial Processes and Product Use and waste sectors.
- Carried out an estimation of GHG emissions for Energy, Industrial Processes and Product Use and Waste sectors for a period of at least one year, using the GHG inventory system.
- Established similarities and differences between GHG inventory management system and IPCC Inventory software through comparison
- Developed template for data collection for sectors; Energy, Industrial Processes and Product Use and Waste.
- Formulated recommendations on how to use GHG inventory management system in parallel with IPCC software highlighting advantages of both systems.
Applications for this internship should be submitted via the online application system, stating clearly the title of the internship.
Deadline for applications: March 29th, 2019 – 11:59 PM (EAT).
Any inquiries about these internships should be sent to: