Collection of satellite data for GHG inventory in Land Use change and forestry
Host Institution:Rwanda Environment Management Authority.
(1) Alphonse MUTABAZI (Lead supervisor),
Climate Change Program Manager,
Rwanda Environment Management Authority,
P.O. Box 7436, Kigali, Rwanda,
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org,
Cell: Phone/WhatsApp: +250 (0)785745057,
(2) Dr. Jimmy GASORE,
University of Rwanda,
Lecturer, Atmospheric Sciences,
Cell: Phone/Whatsapp: +250 (0) 788694355,
Project Description :
The intern will contribute to getting satellite data being used in GHG inventory management system. He/She will benefit training on “Collect Earth” software that will be used to get the satellite data. They will be further training in upcoming FAO project on:” National Land Monitoring and Information System for a Transparent NDC reporting” which 1st and 2nd interns will benefit. The research paper will be on “Collection of satellite data for GHG inventory in Land Use land use change and forestry”
- Satellite data collected using software “Collect Earth” for Agriculture, Forestry and land Use
- Extracted Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use third national communication data from IPCC Inventory Software.
- Both satellite and IPCC inventory data entered into centralized Greenhouse gases Inventory management System
- Established similarities and differences between satellite data as obtained from Collect Earth and IPCC Inventory data through comparison.
- Carried out an estimation of GHG emissions for Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use (AFOLU) sector for a period of at least one year, using the GHG inventory system
- Developed a template for data collection in Agriculture Forestry and Land Use (AFOLU).
- Provided recommendations on how to use GHG inventory management system in parallel with IPCC Inventory Software for better use.
Applications for this internship should be submitted via the online application system, stating clearly the title of the internship.
Deadline for applications: March 29th, 2019 – 11:59 PM (EAT).
Any inquiries about these internships should be sent to: