The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), in collaboration with national and international partners (see the list of institutions below), secured a 3-year grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The grant will support malaria mathematical modeling capacity-building efforts in multiple sub-Saharan African countries. Through the grant, AIMS and her partners will increase the number of academically trained malaria modelers in sub-Saharan Africa, bridge the gap between academic modelling and operational needs, and create an open, collaborative, sustainable and transnational ecosystem of mathematical and geospatial modelers, translational scientists, and decision makers. To achieve these objectives, AIMS is recruiting a Project Manager to oversee the implementation of all grant program requirements.
Do you have what we need?
- Master’s degree in economics, project management, epidemiology, mathematical sciences, business administration, or in a relevant field of study.5+ years of relevant and progressive experience in project management, including at least 3 years of experience coordinating a large-scale research consortium project is desirable.
- Professional qualification in project management e.g. PgMP, PMP, or MSP.
- High level of comfort with results-based management practices.
- Experience and understanding the research environment in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably has worked or collaborated with researchers in that region.
- International experience and strong understanding of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, ability to lead and coordinate processes across Sub-Saharan African and Northern Partners.
Click on this link to apply to apply. Applications will be accepted until December 11, 2022