Evaluation of gridded satellite-based precipitation products in Southeast Asia
Host Institution: International Center for Tropical Agriculture, CIAT
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam. Pablo Imbach PhD/Sridhar Gummadi PhD, email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisors : CIAT, Vietnam. Pablo Imbach PhD/ Sridhar Gummadi PhD, email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
The project intends to compare and validate several gridded-satellite-based precipitation products covering the Southeast Asia region. This analysis will help us identify the strengths and weaknesses of precipitation datasets across different countries and crop cultivation areas across the region.
The study will have the following key objectives:
- Systematize existing precipitation datasets
- Identify methods for evaluating and comparing gridded-precipitation datasets
- Evaluate and compare existing precipitation products
This study will help identify the potential of the different datasets to force crop simulation models to understand the effects of climate variability on crops yield.
Project Expected Outcomes
- Short literature review
- Database with precipitation database
- Scripting codes to for evaluating and comparing precipitation datasets
- Evaluation results in figures, tables and short report
- Forcing crop simulation models to understand the uncertainty in precipitation data for impact studies and use of satellite-based precipitation for developing and designing weather index crop insurance products in SEA
Applications for this internship should be submitted via the online application system, stating clearly the title of the internship.
Deadline for applications: January 20th, 2020 – 11:59 PM (EAT).
Any inquiries about these internships should be sent to: