Evaluation of Zooplanktons of Lake Kivu
Rwanda Energy Group Limited (REG) | Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)/Lake Kivu Monitoring Programme (LKMP), 10th Floor KCT, KN 2 ST, Nyarugenge District, P.O. Box 3855 Kigali, Rwanda. Tel. +(250)787172265 | email@example.com | www.reg.rw;http://www.lakekivu.org/
Mr. Eric MUDAKIKWA RUHANAMIRINDI | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Project Description:
Lake Kivu Monitoring Programme monitors potential impacts of methane extraction on Lake Kivu and its environment. LKMP is involved also in research on the whole lake for understanding its functions and its interaction with the nature. In that regards LKMP collects and analyses water samples and data, for Zooplankton monitoring.
Therefore, LKMP is intending to host a qualified intern who will work in regular monitoring of zooplanktons. This project has the following main objectives:
- Collect water samples and data near existing and future methane gas plants
- Carry out required Zooplankton and physico-chemical analysis
- Participate in interpretation of the result
- Harmonize and store produced data in the database of LKMP
- Participate in all activities contributing to the mission of the programme.
4. Expected Outcomes:
At the end of the project, the following outcomes should be available
- Processed data including ODV and excels
- Reports of individual campaigns
- Store produced data and report in the Database of LKMP
- Produce final report of the assignment.
Applications for this internship should be submitted via the online application system, stating clearly the title of the internship.
Deadline for applications: February 28th, 2021 at 11:59 PM Central Africa Time (CAT)