Job Profile Pedagogic Advisor – French for TTP Cameroon
Title: Pedagogic Advisor – French position, Teacher Training Program (TTP), Cameroon
Reports to: AIMS – TTP Cameroon Director
Direct Reports: None
Status: Full time
Duty Station: Yaoundé Cameroon
The AIMS Mathematics Teacher Training Program (TTP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation seeks to improve the quality of Mathematics Education in secondary schools, thereby increasing the number of students that will go into STEM related profession especially girls. This is done through a cascade model where Master Trainers are trained by internal and external experts and these Master Trainers equip secondary school Mathematics teachers (In-Service and Pre-Service) with knowledge, skills and attitude they need, to prepare and deliver interesting, participating, engaging, innovative and gender sensitive mathematics lessons. Reporting to the TTP Cameroon Director, the Pedagogic Advisor French is responsible for the delivery of high quality training to Mathematics Teachers in the French speaking sub-system of Education. He/She will contribute to the revision and delivery of TTP curricula, as well as identify, evaluate and classify Master Trainers, assign Master Trainers to specific Training Units and produced resources, while continuously coaching teachers throughout the duration of the Program and after, for effective implementation of acquired skills and knowledge. As the lead person in the program for Mathematics in the French speaking sub-system of education, he/she will be part of the pedagogical team that will work with the program staff and partners, to ensure quality implementation of the program training component in mathematics so as to attain the desired objectives. The Pedagogic Advisor French will assist and advise the Director and Program Coordinator where necessary and collaborate with other program staff for the success of the training. Responsibilities will also include Program Advocacy and Program awareness including maintenance and improvement of TTP course management systems and online presence.
A- Programme Design & Delivery
• Contribute to revision and publishing of training curricula and training manuals.
• Work with Master Trainers to prepare training materials for the TTP training activities.
• Assist in delivering TTP training courses according to the TTP vision.
• Lead an efficient training program for teachers (In-Service, Pre-Service) in mathematics Education.
• Design and develop resources for teachers so as to ensure interactive engaging lessons,
• Provide continuous coaching and support to teachers after their training to ensure effective implementation of acquired skills.
• Support development of gender sensitive teaching materials and activities.
• Support trainees by: o Ensuring they understand the material during training, tutorials, practice teaching and other sessions; o Assisting them in designing teaching kits and teaching resources; and o Proofreading and correcting their written work, including projects, teaching kits and resources.
• Recruit teachers for and organize and tutor distance learning in collaboration with the IT Officer for distance education recruited for that program.
• Develop training resources for teachers
• Disseminate resources and best practices through seminars, lectures and tutorials as well as outside of the academic environment.
Programme Advocacy and Awareness
• Help to maintain and improve the TTP course management systems and online presence.
• Perform Programme advocacy activities in collaboration with the Communication Officer.
• Identify, evaluate and classify trainers and produced resources.
• Evaluate trainees and identify lead teachers and group leaders for the COP.
• Carry survey among students of trained teachers to evaluate the impact of the training.
• Follow-up and produce reports on trainees’ progress and course evaluations.
• Assist and advice the Director on any subject (pedagogic) needed for the success of the Program.
• Work in collaboration with other program staff for the success of the program
• Qualified Secondary School Mathematics Teacher;
• DIPES 2 or any equivalent diploma; a research Master or a PhD in Mathematics in addition would be an advantage.
• Good knowledge of both French speaking and English speaking sub –systems of education in Cameroon;
• Fluent in French and good knowledge of English;
• Minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in secondary school and minimum of 5 years as either a mentor (HoD, trainer of Pre-Service, Inspector, or lecturing/researching mathematics in higher education);
• Very good communication and analytical skills and ability to think independently
• Strong commitment to AIMS;
• Very interested in Mathematics and Mathematics education;
• Very good knowledge and practice of the use of ICT for the production of mathematics teaching resources (LMS, MOOC, Latex, Maxima, GeoGebra, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)- In addition, being author of some mathematics books or lecture notes would be an asset;
• Enthusiasm to work in a culturally diverse organization, ability to work with diverse range of people (trainees, trainers, staff) for the successful operation of the program.
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation of mathematics education in Cameroon?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to: email@example.com (Please quote “Pedagogic Advisor TTP-CAM” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until September 15, 2019. Should no feedback be received from AIMS within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.